The Philippine Science High School System is a Service Institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) whose mandate is to offer on a free scholarship basis for secondary course with special emphasis on subjects pertaining to the Sciences with the end view of preparing its students for a Science career. This is according to Section 2 of Republic Act 3661 that established the first Philippine Science High School campus in 1964.
- Merit Scholarship Program
The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship, begun in 1958. Merit scholars pursue priority courses in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences and science and mathematics teaching at identified universities.
- RA 7687 Scholarship Program
Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families' socio-economic status do not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences and science and mathematics teaching.
- Junior Level Science Scholarship Program
These are scholarship grants to qualified third year students who are enrolled in priority fields of study in engineering, basic and applied sciences, science and mathematics teaching at identified universities and colleges. There are two component scholarships namely, Project GIFTS for the Disadvantaged - RA 7687 and Junior Level Science Scholarships-Merit.
- RA No. 10612 ”Fast-Tracked Science & Technology Scholarship Act of 2013”
RA 10612 aims to strengthen the country’s science and technology education by fast tracking graduates in the sciences, mathematics and engineering who shall teach science and mathematics in secondary schools throughout the country.
- Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program (ASTHRDP)
- Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program-National Consortium in Graduate Science and Mathematics Education (ASTHRDP-NCGSME)
- Engineering Research and Development for Technology (ERDT) Consortium
- Department of Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program (DOST HRDP)