What is SETUP ?
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) launched the Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program (SET-UP) in response to the President's call for more focused programs fo assistance for SME's. SET-UP is a nationwide strategy to encourage and assist SME's to adopt technology innovations to improve their operations and thus boost their productivity and competitiveness. The program enables firms to address their technical problems through technology transfer and technology interventions to improve productivity through better product quality, human resources development, cost minimization and waste management, and other operation related activities.
What benefits can the participants get from the Program?
The beneficiaries shall be able to:
- Address current problems
- Get free technical advice from the consultants
- Avail of technical training courses for workers/employees
- Acquire new equipment to mechanize and/or improve production line through venture funds
- Standardize and improve the quality of products
- Be competitive
Who may Apply?
- Any company or individual firm that is based in the Philippines and wholly owned by Filipinos citizens.
- Any small and medium scale business firm that can be classified under the identified priority sectors.
- Individual firm that is willing to apply technological improvements in their existing operations.
How to Apply?
- Send a letter of interest to avail of the SET-UP assistance together with the requirements to the DOST Regional Director’s Office where the company is based.
- Identify current problems, improvements, and potential technological interventions needed.
- If the project is found viable, the DOST Regional Office endorses it to the National Program Management Office for evaluation and final approval.
What documents must be submitted?
- Letter of intent to avail of the SETUP assistance, stating commitment to refund the cost of innovation system support and, as its counterpart, cover the insurance for the acquired equipment.
- Accomplished DOST TNA Form 1, “Application for Technology Needs Assessment”
- Proposal using SETUP Form 1, “SETUP Project Proposal Format”
- Copy of business permits and licenses issued by LGUs and other government offices
- Copy of Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC) or Certificate of Non-Coverage (CNC) issued by DENR/EMB.
- Certificate of registration of business name with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Cooperative Development Authority (CDA), whichever is applicable.
- In the case of corporations, cooperatives and non-single proprietorship, LGUs, organization, Board/Legislative Council resolution authorizing the availment of the assistance and designating authorized signatory for the financial assistance.
- Financial statements at least for the past three (3) years with notarized certification (SWORN STATEMENT) from the beneficiary that all information provided are true and correct.
- Projected financial statements for the next five (5) years
- Complete technical specifications for equipment to be purchased and design/drawing of equipment to be fabricated, as determined in the TNA Report
- Three (3) quotations from suppliers/fabricators for each equipment to be purchased/fabricated
Also, proposals from qualified proponents should be supported by the following:
- Accomplished DOST TNA Form 4, “Technology Needs Assessment (TNA) Report”; and,
- Regional Technical Evaluation Committee (RTEC) Report (SETUP Form No. 2)