Cleaner Production (CP)
Promotion of sustainable development and strengthening of competitiveness of local industries by providing technical information and assistance in adopting CP technologies.
- it is the continuous application of an integrated preventive environmental strategy to processes, products and services to increase efficiency and reduce risks to humans and environment.
- it generates options for improved productivity and environmental performance through use of cleaner production philosophy. Implementation of cleaner production in manufacturing enterprises has also been proven to facilitate implementation and compliance to Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) requirements.
- CP Assessment is a consultancy program involving the identification of waste sources & its causes, and putting forward the appropriate CP options for a manufacturing enterprise. These CP options are opportunities that will help the facility reduce wastes, thus increasing productivity. CP assessment is an integral component of the CP program that may eventually serve as the foundation for the establishment of an environmental management system within a facility. It is a procedure used to examine industries, production processes, raw materials as well as products, in order to evaluate environmental improvements that could be made, and estimate their costs.
The program aims to attain the following objectives at the level of the client companies:
- Reduction of raw materials consumption and costs
- Improvement of process efficiency and product quality
- Reduction of waste quantities
- Reduction of waste treatment costs
- Improvement of working conditions
- Decrease in pollution generation
Energy Audit (EA)
- a critical examination of an energy consuming facility. It is a starting point for implementation and control of an Energy Conservation Program.
Importance of Energy Audit
- To set energy conservation goals.
- Identify areas where energy wastes can occur.
- Relate energy consumption to production.
- Improve process efficiency.
- Identify and recommend energy saving opportunities.
Food Safety (FS)
- Involves the deployment of food safety experts to food processing firms to assist them in improving their compliance to requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Improved plant layout
- GMP compliance
- Process standardization
Consultancy for Agricultural and Manufacturing Productivity Improvement (CAMPI) Program
I. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Consultancy for Agricultural and Manufacturing Productivity Improvement (CAMPI) Program provides consultancy services to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to attain higher productivity through the identification of productivity improvement concerns in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors throughout the country. CAMPI is a level-up strategy that provides focused S&T consultancy intervention/s to SMEs.
The program was created to facilitate the Institute’s mandate in providing technical consultancy services including engineering design services, patenting and licensing services per section 28 B of Executive Order No. 128. Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are targeted to achieve desired impact since the sector comprises more than 99% of total business in the country.
- To install focused S&T interventions to continually improve productivity of the SMEs;
- To tap the skills and expertise of industry practitioners; and
- To encourage the private sector to adopt government generated S&T innovations in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors.
IV. ASSISTANCE COVERAGE
- The financial assistance shall cover the professional fee and travel cost of the Consultants/Consultancy team who will conduct consultancy services to qualified SMEs within the priority sectors.
- Priority sectors include: food processing, GHD, agriculture/horticulture, aquaculture, health products/pharmaceuticals, furniture, and metals & engineering.
V. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
SMEs in the agricultural and manufacturing sectors that have already established local and/or international market. SMEs should have been previously assisted by other TAPI Programs, SETUP or other DOST Consultancy Services. Priority would be given to those who have undergone training on basic CAPE & MPEX duly recommended by the Regional Offices (ROs).