Executive Order No. 128 mandates the Department to “provide central direction, leadership and coordination of scientific and technological efforts and ensure that the results therefrom are geared and utilized in areas of maximum economic and social benefits for the people”.
"Spearhed scientific, technological and innovative efforts and insures that these result to maximum economic and social benefits for the people in the region."
DOST I VISION
By 2022, a leader in the application of scientific and technological innovations and services in Region I for better quality of life and sustainable development.
We believe in demonstrated effort in Innovation, Excellence, Leadership, Integrity, Teamwork, Empowerment and a deep sense of nationalism. These core values are the fundamental belief and the guiding principles that dictate our behavior and helps better understand the difference of right and wrong.
MANDATED CORE FUNCTIONS
As per DOST Administrative Order No. 002 Series of 1989, the DOST Regional Offices shall be the focal points for the planning and implementation of S&T programs and projects in the regions. Specifically, each Regional Office shall assume the following functions:
- Identify the needs and opportunities in S&T in the region;
- Formulate a Regional S&T Plan consistent with and supportive of the regional and national development S&T plans;
- Plan and implement programs and projects and the delivery of S&T services such as technology demonstration and transfer, testing and analysis, S&T promotion and information dissemination, and on other areas of concern of the DOST for the benefit of the people in the region;
- Monitor and coordinate programs and projects of DOST Councils, Institutes and support agencies in the region;
- Develop institutional linkages with Regional Offices of other agencies, local government units and private organizations or entities for the effective planning and implementation of S&T programs in the region; and
- Perform such other functions as may be directed by higher authorities as provided by law.
RATIONALIZED CORE FUNCTIONS
In accordance with the mandate of law and in response to the identified needs of specific regions, the DOST Regional Offices are tasked to:
- Identify the needs and opportunities on S&T in the region;
- Formulate and implement a Regional S&T Plan consistent with and supportive of regional development thrusts as well as the National S&T Plan;
- Provide S&T interventions to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the regions to improve their productivity and competitiveness in both local and international markets through SETUP, the banner program of DOST for technology transfer and commercialization.
Mandates, Mission and Vision